Hi guys, not sure if this is the correct sub-forum to post, so
if its wrong, please do point it out :)
Anyways, I am currently waiting for my uni admission in Aug
2013. Three weeks ago, I went to BGC employment agency to look for
a job. There, I was told I was selected for an admin assistant in a
govt organisation. The commencement date however, was undetermined
as the agent said I need to get a clearence.
This tues (23 apr), I went back to the agency to sign e
contract, as she (the agent) said it is mandatory to get the
contract signed to proceed with the clearence. However there are a
few issues. First - the contact was 3 weeks rather than the 2 month
stated by her on the phone: she said the contract will be extended
as per required.
The main issue, however, is the commencement date - TBC, as its
not determined yet. So after signing the contract, I have this
dilemma: I have already waited for 3 weeks for a three week job,
and I need to wait for longer.
Is there any way to break the contract now? Not for anything but
if the waiting period for the job is longer than the actual
employment period, I dont think its worth it...