Hello people
Need advise pls. I choose to ask here cuz ppl here more
mature and are wiser. Other forums (dun wan to say which one)
will have trolls or shallow answers.
Last year, we (the whole division) were told that the main
office (aka headquarter) is lacking of space and we were to move
out of the place to another office in Boon Lay (most of us live in
the East :( )
I always have waking up problem cuz of my personal/family
commitment after work which causes me to reach home only after 8.30
pm every evening. Hence, I have been taking taxi to work (the
headquarter office is not near any MRT station and neither my
home).
Hence, with the annoucement, I forsee my taxi fare expenses
going up by 100% (ie. I usually spend about $15.00 taxi fare, I
will end up spending $30 each morning after we move to the new
office). Another divison director sounded me out my interest
in doing something else which is jackpot operations, something that
I thought of doing when I first joined the company. I was
keen so I spoke with my director back then. I told him my
distance problem and my eagerness in doing something new in the
jackpot side.
However, my director wasn't keen to transfer me there, but was
willing to help me get a transfer or some other way to let me stay
in the same office. Then, suddenly he got a job offer and he
left. My division became kinda shaken without a director and
now everyone reports to the 2nd highest boss in the organisation
while waiting for the new head to come in (which will take
god-knows-how-long). Before my boss left, he told the big
boss my concern about the distance but did not mention a word about
my interest in jackpot operations.
So after he left, I went to see the big boss and expressed my
intention. He said he was aware but putting me in jackpot
will be a lower priority. He offered to put me in one of the
two other divisions which I am totally not keen. He said I
can contribute a lot more in those areas. He also said my
transferred will be put on hold while waiting for a new head.
Recently, the head of a division (one of suggested division by
the big boss) called to say that he is offering me the post cuz his
staff just tendered and he's willing to groom me to the next
level. He's kinda pushy cuz he is not giving me a lot of time
to think. I ask him to give me one week, but he said only
give me this weekend to think. Which means that tomorrow I
have to give him my reply.
My concern is:
My current division is really shaky. There are only three
heads in this divisions and I am one of them. My big boss
recently commented to me that the other two heads look very
unstable. It makes me feel like a traitor if I were to accept
another offer. Also I was hoping to settle this division and
the new boss, before revisiting my transfer. I feel this way
is fairer to my current division.
I have assessed the offer and so on. Frankly, I do see
pros in taking the offer. Not so much the possible promotion,
but I intend to take up courses and the schools are located in town
(the division that offered me is located the headquarter and the HQ
is nearer town).
But I heard ppl saying that the division director who offered me
the post is not easy person. I also know that that division
is very tough. So many ppl resigned since I joined.
So now, I dunno whether I should say yes or not.
Should I say yes, do you think it's wise to request to take at
least one of the existing capable staff from my current
division?
Pls give me advise. Thank you very much in
advance.